Most questions you may have are answered here or in the FAQ section.
What is AkaTako.net?
- We are an artist run site dedicated to the beauty, fun, and weirdness that is Japan.
- We believe in giving people the opportunity to have a little piece of Japan in their home - through prints and books of Japanese artists that you won't find in many other places.
- We are located in Brooklyn, New York, in a private building - sorry, no "in person" sales at this time.
What does AkaTako mean?
- It's Japanese: Aka = red & Tako = octopus.
How is shipping calculated?
How can I make a payment for something on your site?
- We accept major credit cards directly and also PayPal payments.
- All credit card payments are processed by Authorize.net on their secure servers. Your credit card information is not visible to AkaTako.net at any time. All checkout pages are secured by an SSL certificate to keep your information safe.
- Higher priced and rare items can be purchase via US postal money order or bank transfer. Please contact us for details.
Do you accept returns?
- Due to the rarity of items, AkaTako does NOT accept returns for items. If you have any questions or concerns about an item please contact us before placing your order.
- In the event that AkaTako has made a mistake and shipped the wrong item, the correct item will be promptly sent as soon as the incorrect item is returned to AkaTako.
Do you do anything other than what's on your site?
- YES!! We do freelance web development and graphic design (business cards, signs, flyers, etc.), fashion design (including handbags, clothing made from vintage kimonos, etc.), interior accessories and decorating (asian themed, handmade decorative objects), and all sorts of other things. Hopefully these will make it to the site one day, but in the meantime, Contact Us if you're interested in any of the above.
- There's also a Flickr photostream of original photography of Japan you can check out.
How can I get in contact with AkaTako.net?